Fencers ready? Fence!


When I was at UNC, I joined the fencing team and kept busy with that for 2-3 years. After I graduated, I didn't pick it up again. A couple years later, I took a 12-week course, but again, never found a place to practice regularly. (Hey, the only place nearby only did fencing on my poker night!!) Over winter break, though, I found out that a new branch of the Denver Fencing Center was opening in Golden. Perfect! No driving to the tech center or Boulder during rush hour! Last Monday I went to my first Intermediate Foil Skills class. The snowy drive was scary but worth it. I was the only one signed up for that class, so it was a private lesson.


Holy Cow. Fencing in itself is a heck of a workout. Doing so after several years, definitely. But a private lesson too? It was intense and I felt it for days-it was great! I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

Comments

Lindahl News 2 said…
So glad to hear you found a fencing group and you even ended up getting a private lesson!

I remember you telling us about your previous fencing days. You are quite the adventerous sort.

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Ampat Part 4: Fam Islands

Week in Review (updated with pix & video)

Raja Ampat Part 2: The Resort