Things that Rock My World

Living far from home, in a third-world country, it is easy to think about the things that you miss or that aren't done the way you are accustomed to (the shopping cart situation, anyone??). However, this post is about some things here in Pagaguay that rock my world, and I wish were in the good old U.S. of A.

Champiñeras


The beer here might not be good, but it sure is cold. When the most common beer size is a liter, it's important to keep it from getting warm. These things rock. I was soooo disappointed when I ordered beer in Chile and it wasn't served like this.



Shopping Baskets with Wheels
I mean, does it get any more convenient than this? I don't know about you, but I always get a basket, thinking "I just need a few things." Then stick a gallon of milk in it (back in my customary unit days when I could buy milk by the gallon) and have to haul it through the store. Who needs. that.

Tiny Cans of Tomato Sauce
Because sometimes all you need is 70 ml (2.3 ounces). Just right! No more partially used cans growing mold in your fridge.




But I saved the best for last. Maybe no one but teachers will appreciate this, but you guys will see, this is big:
Pre-sharpened Pencils

That's just how they are sold here. Is that cool or what? Now if you're not a teacher, you're wondering what the big deal is. But when faced with 28 kids on the first day of school, who all have their 36 new unsharpened pencils and not a blessed thing to write with, you get it. This is good since, incidentally, I haven't found an electric pencil sharpener that works here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Ampat Part 4: Fam Islands

Week in Review (updated with pix & video)

Raja Ampat Part 2: The Resort