The Mystery of Playa del Carmen

Our room balcony faced a forested area, and every evening, a bunch of these critters came out to play. While sitting on the deck with my coffee and book, I watched many a tourist approach these furry animals, while trying to figure out what they are. Some of the guesses I heard were....raccoons, lemurs, cats, marmots, and marmosets. It wasn't until I got home that my suspicions were confirmed....they are called coatis. And if you give them bagels, they will stand up on 2 legs, then run off with the treasure to bring it to it's family (presumably). And no, I wasn't the one feeding the bagels, that was someone in a room below me!

Comments

____ said…
Funny looking creatures...

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Ampat Part 4: Fam Islands

Week in Review (updated with pix & video)

Raja Ampat Part 2: The Resort