One week from today....


...I will be on a different continent!

It is hard to believe, after so much planning and anticipation, but I leave for Peru on Sunday! While there, I will be taking Spanish classes in Cusco. I have also planned my trip around Inti Raymi, the Incan Festival of the Sun, which occurs on June 24, their winter solstice. This is one of the biggest festivals in all of Peru so it should really be something! After my 2 weeks in Cusco, I will set off to hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu! This will be a 4-day hike, and I'll spend 2 additional nights in the town of Aguas Calientes, the nearest town, to make sure I can really see it all, instead of just a one-afternoon tour! Then it will be a train back to Cusco, flight back to Lima, and bus ride to the Reserva Nacional de Paracas-the "Poor Man's Galapagos." This park is on the coast and boasts seals, flamingos, and even penguins! After that, I come home!

Machu Picchu is something I have always wanted to see, so this should be a trip of a lifetime. Be sure to keep posted to hear about my trip!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Ampat Part 4: Fam Islands

Week in Review (updated with pix & video)

Raja Ampat Part 2: The Resort