A Diversion

What is it about sports? Why do we pay athletes millions of dollars to play a game? Why do we act as though it's the end of the world if "our" team loses? And we party in the streets when they win, even with all of the other problems in the world and in our lives? Even living in a big sports town, I never really got it (especially football!).

It's a diversion. Probably anyone else could have told me that, had I asked. But what better way to forget about your lousy day at work or really tough week, than to watch a baseball game as if your life depends on the outcome?

Maybe there's a reason my last 6 posts have been about baseball! (Well, that's how I've spent my time, going to baseball games and going to work. You really don't want me to blog about work.)

Oh, I still think professional athletes are grossly overpaid. I still don't get football. But we could all use a little diversion from time to time.

Comments

Lindahl News 2 said…
Just so you know, I am pulling for the Rockies!

Did you happen to take any pictures from Friday night with the fam? I am so sorry I couldn't be there, but would love to see the group interacting; I hear it was a good time for all.
Linnea said…
Unfortunately I didn't, can you believe it? I know Diann and Timi did so I'll post some after I get them from Diann.

I completely understand you not being able to make it. Although the circumstances were tragic, it was good to spend time together.

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Ampat Part 4: Fam Islands

Raja Ampat Part 2: The Resort

Week in Review (updated with pix & video)