Fairy Tale Continues. SWEEP!

Note on the video: this was not the game ending and the win. I think the pitcher threw a strike or something. That is just how loud and excited the crowd was!
The Rockies came home from winning 2 games in Philly to sweep them at home! They are going to be playing the D-Backs next in the NLCS. Wow! Julia and I had a great time sitting in the Rock Pile and watching our guys win. And I tell you what, they really go all out for these playoff games! They did the huge flag on the field for the National Anthem, and released hundreds of balloons afterwards. There were fireworks before and after the game! The best part of all, though, was all the fans and energy at the game (except for the 14 minute power outage). The Rockies have never made it this far in the playoffs!

Before the game, we were entertained by people all over Denver casually carrying brooms around with them, on the light rail, and through the streets. There were also vendors with hundreds of brooms for sale! Thank goodness we won, otherwise I imagine all those people would feel a little silly.

The Rockies are the team no one expected to see in the playoffs. After winning 17 out of the last 18 games, they're also the team no one wants to play. SWEET SWEEP!

Now, the waiting begins...game 1 of the next series doesn't start until Thursday!! After just 1 game at home, they are going to AZ for the first 2 games of the series. The good news is, my mom, Mark, Toni (or someone) and I are going to game 4, the 2nd home game, next Monday. I might go broke buying Rockies tickets, but boy, am I having fun! Who knew October could be like this? (We all call it Rock-tober here now). WOOHOO!

Comments

Lindahl News 2 said…
It's so nice when the team sweeps like this...not exactly what happened to our Cubbies. Like I said before the Rockies DESERVE to win! I'm glad you are spending your hard-earned $$ to celebrate like this!

In other news, I posted a vintage picture of your Dad in my blog; he's perched on the lap of a famous gal...you might have to check it out!

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Ampat Part 4: Fam Islands

Raja Ampat Part 2: The Resort

Week in Review (updated with pix & video)