Just a quickie update

This is gonna be a short(ish) post, I'll definitely add more info and pics later!

The bad news: My computer crashed. So, without unlimited free wireless, I don't have as much time to upload pictures and do lots of blog entries. Here is the overview:

2 days ago: drove through Banff and Jasper NPs on the Icefields Parkway. Long drive but beautiful. Camped in Pocohontas campsite, near hot springs. Visited Lake Louise and some really beautiful other lake on the way. Hung out in hot springs. camped.

Yesterday: Woke up to pouring rain. Inside of tent stayed dry but everything else was wet, and stayed wet. It was a big pain trying to dry everything off enough to pack (can't dry it on the picnic table or car when both are wet!) Also it was chilly and damp and the tall trees block the sun. So anyway, I finally decided things were good enough and started driving. Ended up near Kamloops in a tiny town called Barriere and camped there. Guess what? It rained AGAIN!

Anyway, now I'm in Vancouver and checked into a hostel! I am giving camping a rest. :) It is as expensive as a hostel anyway. I'm going to check out Vancouver and then go to Victoria, and back to the US. Not sure of a timeline yet, just like the rest of the trip! Somehow I've managed not having reservations everywhere you're supposed to and it's all worked out.

For the time being, I'm paying for internet, so might wait until I'm back home to do any big updates and pictures, unless I get this laptop back working!

Comments

Lindahl News 2 said…
I'm so exicted to hear you're going to Victoria!!! What will you do? Where will you go?

Is the BUG ZOO calling your name???
Linnea said…
Deb, I don't know how to tell you this, but the bug zoo (pictures) pretty much grossed me out. =) I think I'll stay in Tofino, near the coast, and go to the Pacific Rim National Park...I do have a Canadian Parks Pass now! The gardens look great.

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Ampat Part 4: Fam Islands

Raja Ampat Part 2: The Resort

Week in Review (updated with pix & video)