It's All Greek to Me!


One big relief about being in Greece was how much English was spoken! Most signs and menus and all subway stops were also in English. I have been places where I don't speak much of the language, but not even being able to read was a whole new level of feeling lost! And while I really HATE to be "that" tourist who expects the locals to speak MY language...I was really grateful to those locals! Of course, the Acropolis being one of the Seven Wonders of the World and all that helped...we were not the only out-of-towners! And apparently Rebecca and I don't look even a little bit Greek, so there was never much confusion about what language was to be used with us (that comes a bit later).

Comments

Lindahl News 2 said…
I can very much relate to this post...except insert Chinese instead of Greek!

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Ampat Part 4: Fam Islands

Raja Ampat Part 2: The Resort

Week in Review (updated with pix & video)