Fancy Digs




After a homestay and hostel, this was a pretty high-end place. Of course, since Tikal is world-renowned, it was also overpriced. But, there are only 3 hotels IN the park, so it was worth it. It is also the only place I stayed with a mosquito net (which was pretty fun!) but there didn't seem to be too many of the little buggers there.

Side note: it is a given that everything can be bargained for, but I didn't know it applied to hotels! I sent several emails to several places to make reservations. This place quoted one price, thinking there would be two of me, but when I replied that their SINGLE rate was too much, they emailed me with a counter-offer! Woohoo!

Comments

Lindahl News 2 said…
Yea...more posts to consume! Just the right treat before bedtime.
Maybe dreams will come about due to this exotic locale?

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Ampat Part 4: Fam Islands

Week in Review (updated with pix & video)

Raja Ampat Part 2: The Resort