Yes, I´m still alive...and now at the beach!

Hey all...
It has been awhile but yes I am still alive, I just haven´t been able to do the internet thing for awhile. Since my last entry I have gone on a tour of the monteverde cheese factory, done a zip'line over the rainforest, gone to the serpertarium, gotten more wet than i have ever been in my life on a hike in the Monteverde reserve, then Patrick & I skipped classes on Friday to take a bus down to Flamingo. This is because Rachel, our friend from England, would be leaving Monday and we wanted to see her. And I needed to end up here anyway. I was sad to leave Monteverde´s beauty, and cool and nearly bug-free climate, but excited about the beach.

The bus ride was only about 4 hours and strangely enough, the hotel rooms that the school booked for us were at the same place Rachel & her friends were eating lunch! Shortly after that, she left for her horseback ride on the beach, and we found Andrew out in the ocean. We all hung out and went to a nearby, on the beach bar, which was really quiet. I guess the people who really want to party on the weekends go down to Tamarindo. On Saturday we spent most of the day at Playa Conchal, a few beaches over, even though it kept raining. Apparently it never rains here, Patrick & I brought it with us from Monteverde. We went in for lunch and the sun came out so we went out and tried again. I fell asleep sunbathing even though it was raining a little bit! We went back to the restaurant for dinner and drinks, hung out at Rachel´s hotel for a bit, and then headed back to Playa Flamingo for our hotel. Patrick left early that morning but I stayed around and eventually went up to the Cabinas Isolinas where I´ll be staying for the next 2 weeks. It was a pretty quiet day yesterday just relaxing by the pool and inside. There was a really strong rain/thunderstorm last night. After breakfast today I went for a run/walk on the beach, which was really nice but still HOT. I also walked down to the school even though there are buses. It´s about a 40 minute walk but along the beach the whole way. I have afternoon classes this week, 1:00-5:00 which is sort of a drag but it´ll be fine. The sun comes up SO EARLY here, I am usually awake by 5:30 or 6am! It´s pretty crazy.

So that´s the update for now, I think I´m going to see if I can go to the beach for about an hour before I have to get back here for classes. Oh yeah I probably haven´t mentioned it in all I´ve written, but I really am going to classes and learning Spanish. It is just the least of my adventures!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Ampat Part 4: Fam Islands

Week in Review (updated with pix & video)

Raja Ampat Part 2: The Resort